Montag, 28. Juni 2010

"The Time has Come...

...the Walrus said, to speak of many things..."
Of leaving, for example. In my last hours in the India I have learnt to love. Well, not really, because I am currently in the fashionable part of Bangalore with the bleached Indians and coffee to go which has nothing to do with my village and the life associated with it.
In these past 8 months I have been frustrated, annoyed, angry, pissed off; I have cried more tears than in the last 8 years and I have been on the verge of physical violence. More than once. But I have also laughed until I cried, been stuffed with unbelievably good food and been on the receiving end of indescribable hospitality and kindness.
In general, hearing the soft whup whup whup of a fan is, for me, the sound of adventure and romanticism. At least in my imagination. As so often, imagination and reality don't really match up. Fans there were plenty, but neither was the sound they made soft, nor did they cool me all night, what with power cuts and what have you. And try sleeping with 30 degrees C and 90 % humidity. There's nothing romantic about that, believe you me. But on the other hand, memory and reality don't really math either, so in a few months, India will have fulfilled all my adventurous needs.
So thank you all for being faithful readers. As I shall still not be in Cairo after I back I shall keep this blog. Though I doubt the Swedes have so much story material as the Indians. But you never know. And I still have a few back issues that I haven't managed to post.
Dhanyawada and namaste.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen