Samstag, 13. August 2011

Oh wie schön ist Panama!

I woke up last night (alright, late evening) to oppressing humidity. And weird noises (case in point, a squirrel just came and sat on my window ledge). My first thought, all jet-lagged, was dammit, am I back in India? Cause it sure felt that way. But then I saw the blinking of the microwave in front of my bed and I realised that India, this was not.
I am currently in Panama. Arrived yesterday morning, was picked up by my beautiful landlords, and deposited in my own room which, along with the aforementioned microwave sports a fridge, a small cooking stove and, most importantly, a coffee machine.
I admit, I haven't seen much of the city yet. But the glimpses I have managed to get are promising. From concrete ocean promenades to more skyscrapers than I have ever seen wedged into a small area. And they're still building. But all the towers still can't keep out the pervasive smell of the ocean. Not that I'm complaining, makes me feel as if I were on holiday. However, this is not a holiday, I shall be hard at work. But I shall do my best to keep you updated on the adventures of "La Alemana Latina" (for now limited to trying out the stove for the first time. Wish me luck)!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen