Montag, 4. Januar 2010

2 for 1

And because I’m in a good mood because I just came back from 2 weeks of the most incredible holiday, there’s a special 2 for 1.
Said holiday took place in Anjuna Beach, Goa, and the fantastic (though maybe a little daunting) city of Mumbai. Whereas Goa was all about relaxing and revelling in the everyday pleasures of a proper shower, Mumbai was…well, Mumbai.
But let me start off by saying that Christmas on the beach is not something that is absolutely NECESSARY to have experienced to lead a full and happy life. It was nice, mind you, the food was excellent, as was the company, but to my mind at least it just doesn’t cut it. This isn’t my first Christmas in bikini, but I still haven’t learned to love it.
But the interesting part was certainly Mumbai. We (5 girls) went from sleeping in a train station (now there is something I recommend, if only to be able to say you’ve done it. And if you’re still under 25) to Bollywood via the Salvation Army. What happened was this: the train arrived at 1:00 am in the morning and rather than risk the dodgy taxi-driver, we decided to try our luck with an incredibly rickety looking table in the ladies waiting room under the hawk-like eyes of the matron in charge (I comforted myself by telling myself that if the table were to crash, it would be worse for the person underneath than for me. I must have left my altruism on the train.)
Anyway, the next morning deposited us bleary-eyed in the Salvation Army Hostel, the best value for money in Mumbai (according to the traveller’s bible), and lo and behold we got a room. Not quite installed, we were told we had the chance to play in a commercial with the Captain of the Indian cricket team. Though there were only 3 available spots, all 5 of us decided to pile into the bus and drive 3 hours. I didn’t participate (as everyone, myself included, appreciated after seeing the size of the dresses), but I did score a picture of myself and the cricket captain.
And since we are in India, I was only mildly surprised when the bus broke down halfway back to Mumbai at 11:00 pm…
Anyway, Happy New Year to all of you out there, I hope your party was as fun as mine (if it wasn’t, try sitting in the sticks for 3 months, after than almost any party seems phenomenal) and I do hope to see all 7 of you personally for next New Years!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen